Friday, March 05, 2010

TGIF

I love Fridays. I always have. I can remember Fridays in grade school, middle school, high school, college, and at various jobs. Fridays were always wonderful days. The weekend was upon us and it just felt good. Thursday night television has always had a different feeling too. It's an indication that Friday is almost here. I can honestly remember watching ER in middle school and being so happy that the next day was Friday.

The thing is, I'm not sure why I STILL love Fridays. Sure, it means the weekend is almost here, but I (gasp!) don't really LOVE weekends anymore. The thing I like most about the weekend is that Dan is with us. But otherwise, it just means a hiccup in our regular schedule, a big trip to the grocery store, and not enough sleep for anyone involved.

And Fridays are just crazy. It's usually filled with lots of laundry (today's laundry list includes five loads so far), cleaning the house (so there isn't one more thing to do during the already-crazy weekend), and some necessary errands thrown in for good measure. Friday is definitely my most frazzled day of the week.

But for some ridiculous reason, I still love it. So, here's to a great Friday in front of us. Enjoy it. :)

No comments: