Saturday, August 27, 2005

Here we go

I've heard and read that pregnant women have weird dreams. I have had weird dreams my whole life, so I was anxious to see how much weirder they could get.

Lately I haven't been sleeping very well. I blame it on my trips to the bathroom every two hours. Needless to say, I haven't had time to dream. Or something like that.

This all changed last night. For some reason, I fell asleep fast and I can only remember getting up once on account of my bladder. AND, I had a dream. Here it goes...

It was the first day of school. I had somehow turned into the meanest middle school teacher ever because I had homework due on the first day. And it wasn't just a little assignment. They had to create a movie about their lives and present it to the class. They seemed to enjoy it.

In the middle of class, I decided it was time for lunch. (Leave it to the pregnant teacher to decide she wants to eat). So I sent the class to the cafeteria, but it was a half hour early, so the lunch ladies were not happy with me. I remember feeling bad about screwing up, but my class had already gone through the lunch line, so it was too late. So I got a piece of pizza and headed back to my classroom.

On the way back, I ran into my friend Nicole. Nicole is a fellow teacher. She teaches fourth grade in New Hope. Not sure what she was doing in a Coon Rapids middle school. But she saw my pizza and decided to grab some for herself.

Seeing Nicole is the last thing I remember. I probably had cats jumping on my bed or some other interruption. No biggie. The dream was going nowhere fast.

What does it mean? Am I going to be a crazy pregnant teacher?

2 comments:

gloria said...

yes. yes you are. :)

Alissa said...

hahaha...that's just crazy! I'm pretty sure the dreams will only get better (worse?) from here!