Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

New Year's Day is always a weird day. It tends to sneak up on me. It's as if I've had "resolutions" in my head for a few weeks, and all of a sudden, they need to be implemented. Nothing big this year. Just the standard "rid the house of leftover Christmas junk food," "get more organized," "get the 9-month-old to sleep through the night." Maybe that last one should be Jackson's resolution. "I resolve to finally let my parents have a full night's sleep." Oh, someday. Last night in particular was a battle. We went out (with him) at around 7:00 (his usual bedtime) and didn't get home until 10:00. He did remarkably well while we were out, but getting to bed three hours late somehow sent a memo to the rest of his body to wake up every hour (or 45 minutes on a couple of occasions) until 7:30. Seriously, I just have to keep telling myself "This, too, shall pass." We still marvel at what a delightful child he is when he's awake. He's more than making up for it, I guess.

Well, that was a tangent if I've ever had one. No other big news. I promise to post more pictures soon. We have a new computer, and I have yet to download pictures onto it. I'm sure it's no harder than it was on the old computer, but it gives me an excuse for falling behind. :)

Happy 2007, everyone!

No comments: