Saturday, May 08, 2010

Jack says funny stuff

But this is nothing new, right? Two gems today:

1) I got home from Target and the TV was STILL on. I told Jack that the cartoon would be ending in five minutes and he would have to turn it off. The end came and I could tell it was on a commercial, so I told him it was time to turn off the TV. "No, the man said, 'Don't go away!' It's not over, Mom!" Gotta love a little subliminal messaging. :)

2) While Dan was running errands this afternoon, I sat down to nurse Leah. When she opened her mouth, I could see something on her tongue. I said, "What did you put in your mouth?" and tried to fish it out with my finger. The commotion got Jack's attention, and we finally got a tiny piece of paper off her tongue. Then Jack said, "Well, it's a good thing your booby was right there!" It made no sense to me, but I guess he thought it helped with the paper in Leah's mouth. So I continued nursing and he continued talking about my breasts. I was mostly not paying attention, until he ended with, "You have the biggest boobies I ever saw!" It cracked me up, but I didn't want him to think it was inappropriate to say because he was so innocent about it. I mean, when you have a 10-month-old sister who has been breastfed since birth, breasts are kind of normal around here. :)

No comments: