Monday, April 26, 2010

No, Donald, YOU'RE fired.

I don't usually enjoy The Apprentice, but I tend to get into the celebrity version. This season is down to the final seven contestants, and it's actually getting quite fun. (I mean, if nothing else, it's just fun to listen to Sharon Osborne and Curtis Stone speak!) Plus, there's nothing else on TV on Sunday evenings, and it's just what I usually end up watching.

The weak link, in my opinion, is Donald Trump. But since he's kind of the reason the show exists, I just have to deal with him. Including when he makes a fool of himself and the English language.

Last night, in the boardroom, Cyndi Lauper said, "I feel bad," referring to her earlier criticism of the other team. Trump quickly corrected her and said, "You don't feel bad. You feel badly," at which point Cyndi apologized and said, "I feel badly."

Donald, I don't care if you're a gazillionaire--you just came across as quite uneducated in front of many, many viewers. For shame. You, sir, are fired.

Read about action verbs vs linking verbs here.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Aaaaahhhhh!!! I love that you're my daughter!! We drive others (who are not like us) crazy, but...whatever! :) I was watching "Celebrity Apprentice" last night with Dad and couldn't believe that Donald actually corrected Sharon so pompously! Hilarious! But not everyone will know just what a dork he was.

Bloggin BB said...

I love that you put a link with an explanation on your post! :) :) LOVE IT!

Danika said...

just shows you, money doesn't always buy you a brain, or the capacity to use it.