Friday, May 10, 2019

SK week 19 | Classic Cobb Salad

I love cobb salad, and the "recipe" isn't much more complicated than arranging things on top of lettuce. ;) But I was excited to try the dressing recipe.

(Here's the Smitten Kitchen post)


For the dressing you'll need:
3/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire (I skipped this because I didn't have any)
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper to taste


Throw all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend blend blend.


Set aside. It's a super pretty color. :)

For the salad you'll need:
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1-2 romaine hearts, shredded
1/2 bunch watercress (I skipped this too)
2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
6 strips cooked bacon, chopped
3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped (I used a handful of grape tomatoes)
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons chives, minced (I skipped these, more because I forgot about them than because I didn't want them)


I tossed the lettuces with the dressing, and then arranged the rest of the things on top. Pretty!

Final verdict: It was really good! The dressing was super light--almost too light for any other salad where you actually want to taste the dressing. But I think it was perfect for this salad because there are so many other flavors going on with everything on top. But I probably wouldn't make it for anything else.

Happy Friday! :)

No comments: