Saturday, May 12, 2018

Dear Will


You sweet boy. Our grande finale. You have no idea just how perfectly you've completed our family! Your peaceful water birth arrival on September 30th, 2013 was the exact balm we needed after almost two years of pain and loss. You didn't take the place of Hannah and Charlie, but God knew exactly what we needed in our lives when he gave us you. Sweet, adventurous you.

You're four and a half--a far cry from the tiny baby we held back then. And you're every ounce boy. Trucks and trucks and more trucks. Garbage trucks and firetrucks and dump trucks and construction trucks. You can name them all accurately (and often correct me when I use the wrong term). When we drive by a fire station, you know to look closely in the windows of the big doors to see if you can spot the big trucks. And you know that Friday is garbage day in our neighborhood and listen closely for the trucks as they make their stops. It's all very exciting. :)

You never. stop. moving. From the moment you wake up, you are running and jumping and bouncing. I'm pretty sure you have a motor somewhere inside you that prevents you from staying still for more than a few minutes at a time. You're learning how to play lacrosse, following in your big brother's footsteps. It will be hilarious and awesome to watch you actually play a team sport someday soon!

It's pretty fun to have just you at home when Jack and Leah are in school. You're my little buddy! And you're mostly helpful. ;) When we run errands or get groceries, you're awesome at helping me get what we need. Especially if I promise a trip to browse the toy aisle when we're done! The best part about you being at home is that we still have one whole year of it! You'll turn five in September and will get to be home with me for one more year before you start kindergarten. It's like a bonus year. :)

One of my favorite things about having you at home is that you get to come to BSF with me every week. You've come since you were a baby, but I feel like the last couple of years you've started to really understand what you're learning. And you'll sing the songs in the car with me on the way home. :) You love to tell me all about your friends and your teachers in your class.

As much as you are 100% boy, you are also pretty darn sweet. You have loved to snuggle since the day you were born--you still crawl into bed with me in the morning! And you are quick to offer a hug or kiss to cheer someone up. When Dad walks into the house after work, you're immediately at the top of the stairs yelling "DADDY!" and jumping up and down, of course!

We are so thankful for you. We had ideas of what our family would look like. But God knew what he was doing when he formed our family. You completed us so perfectly. I love your energy, your sweet personality, and your care for others. You are becoming a wonderful little kid and I can't wait to watch you continue to grow! I'm so happy that I'm your mom. I love you!

No comments: