Thursday, October 19, 2006

Seven months

Hey little man,

Well, you are sick. For the first time, too! I'm pretty sure it's because you have more teeth coming in. Which is weird because your first two teeth came without any extra fussing or anything. But this time you've got the works--runny nose, congestion, fever, excessive drooling, more crabby than usual. Oh well. You need teeth in this life, so this is just something we'll all have to endure!

Other than the teeth, life as a seven-month-old isn't too bad! You are crawling more and more every day. It was so exciting when you first did it; then you kind of forgot. You would start moving and have this look on your face like, "I know I did something new last night, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was." You're a little wobbly, but it's cute. :) Your newfound mobility also means trouble. You are able to get into a lot more things. We're in the process of figuring out a gate for the top of the stairs. And you like to move to the coffee table and try to pull yourself up. Which, unfortunately, has resulted in a few bumps on your head. I'm pretty sure Lucy sees your crawling as a bit of competition. You aren't just a little lump of baby anymore!

You are loving eating solid foods. I'm so glad we waited until last month. You eat yogurt with fruit for breakfast, rice and fruit for lunch, and rice and vegetable for dinner. With some breastmilk in the middle. :) Now that you're seven months, there are more things you can eat. Peas, green beans, asparagus. You will like your green veggies!

We are in the middle of MEA weekend, which means a couple of days off for us since teachers don't have to go to work. It's lovely to be able to be with you everyday, but it's even better when it's just the two of us in our own house! You are doing well adjusting to our days at Leishmans. I think you are excited for Connor to start moving around so you can get into trouble together. Or at least so you can play with each other!

Your nighttime sleep isn't going so well. I think right now I can blame the teething and accompanying congestion and fever. However, your daytime naps have never been better! You predictably take a 1 1/2 to 2 hour morning nap and about a 2 hour afternoon nap. It's just heavenly. After the months of catnapping you survived on! Anyway, I hope once you are feeling better that we can get on a better nighttime schedule. We all need our rest!

One thing you are liking more these days is looking at books. Sometimes you are too distracted by wanting to chew the pages. But when you are focused, you love the pictures. And I think you like hearing the stories too. :) You have a few toys that you really enjoy playing with, but some items are just way more exciting than actual toys--remote controls, cell phones, water bottles, watches, cats. There is just so much to explore. And besides, how are you supposed to know what's a toy and what isn't?!

When we were in Seattle in August, someone asked me what it was like being a mom. I said it was more than I ever imagined and that you were more than I could ever ask for. And it's the truth! I never knew it would be this much fun and I never imagined that I could love you so much. The amount of joy that you bring to our days is incredible. You are an amazing child. And I am always amazed at what new things you do and how you grow. But I look forward to witnessing all of it.

I love you, baby!
Love,
Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Erin,
What a great mom. You really are the best. I know I've said this before, but watching you mother Jack is almost more than my heart can stand. He is the joy of my life and I'm just so proud of you.
Love,
Mom

Lisa said...

oh what love! :)