Saturday, January 07, 2006

Mr. Hollywood

I'm with Lisa. I'm a fan of Kare11 news. I'm also with her in the fact that I was bummed to find out that Ken Barlow was leaving. But Frank? I couldn't care less. It was a messy situation, but I was not a Frank fan. So, I was anxious to meet the new evening news man, Mike Pomeranz. Now that he has lasted a whole work week, I am ready to give him my grade.

C+.

I don't hate him, but I see room for improvement. My mom called him "Mr. Hollywood" and "too pretty" and said that she didn't like his hair. I concur with all of the above. Now, he is far from failing. In fact, there are seventh graders in my class who would pay good money for a C+. But he just doesn't do it for me yet. I just think he needs to find his groove. And frankly, I'll keep watching just because Julie Nelson is delightful.

Now, I don't want to make you jealous, but my dad called from Palm Springs, CA tonight (business trip) to report that he was relaxing in front of the television, watching Paul Majors cover the day's stories. Paul was a solid A.

Ah, the good old days.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I agree... Now that I've watched him a couple nights, I think your mom had the perfect words.

Mr. Hollywood for sure! But, definitely room for improvement! I'm sticking with Kare11... but man, if Eric Perkins leaves... that could quite possibly do me in!

gloria said...

I never watch the evening news - that's when we're trying to get supper on and I find it depressing (the news, not the supper. well actually, sometimes supper is depressing too! :)