Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Summer check-in!

I explained back in May that I was not going to be posting "Summer of Fun" photos every day this summer. We're a few weeks into our summer, and I can confidently say I am so happy with that decision. :) Because guess what? Even though I'm not documenting our fun daily doesn't mean it's not being had, and it all just feels more my speed.

We're only halfway through week #3, and we already have so much to show for ourselves!

Jack plays lacrosse all the freaking time, and it's still super fun to watch. We're dealing with a very different dynamic this year, in that his team has lost far more than won. But I think we're all learning a lot. :) He has also been working out with a personal trainer (AKA, my brother, who is a CrossFit coach) on a weekly basis. Sean kicks Jack's butt, and Jack actually enjoys it!

Leah plays soccer (and Dan coaches her team) and they haven't lost yet! She has so much fun on the field and makes me very nervous when she's goalie. She has discovered a love of audiobooks, giving her CD player a break from Pentatonix and Lauren Daigle once in a while. ;)

Will, as of last week, is also playing soccer this summer and IT'S SO CUTE. Seriously, there's something so adorable about 5- and 6-year-olds running around on the soccer field. They don't keep score during games, but Will does. He's always very concerned with who's winning. :) He also made it through two weeks of swimming lessons with the nicest teacher ever.

We raised three caterpillars at the end of last summer and loved it so much that we decided to get an earlier start this year. Right now we have four chrysalises--we bought two from the Butterfly Memories woman at the farmers market and rescued two from the outside. We should have some emerging this weekend. The whole process is so amazing to me, and the kids love keeping tabs on what they're doing.

Dan and I had birthdays and have now entered our 43rd and 40th years, respectively. My mom said it's weird to have a kid who's 39. I said "It's weird to BE 39!"

We have passes to the nearby swimming pond and have gone a couple of times. Now that Minnesota seems content to stay in this current season, we'll be there more often.

And so we are finishing out June and entering July--more heat, more birthdays, and more activities. Bring it on!

No comments: