Wednesday, April 04, 2007

24-hour bug takes a 24-hour break

So, I woke up at 1:00 in the morning on Sunday night/Monday morning VIOLENTLY ill. I spent an hour or so in the bathroom, and somehow made it back to bed. I made Dan stay home from work because I couldn't fathom taking care of Jack in my condition. Other than the occasional visit back to the restroom, I stayed in bed all day. I ate a few bites of soup for dinner. I sprawled on the couch to watch the Twins season opener and 24. I thought I was feeling better, but I actually still felt pretty crappy going to bed at 9:30. Well, then Jack woke up at 3:00, and on my way to his room, I thought, "Wow, I am totally back to normal!" Not a bit of the "yuck" feeling left in me! Yesterday was great. I felt 200% better. I got lots done around the house to make up for Monday. I went to bed. I woke up at 4:00 this morning and thought, "Are you kidding me? You weren't done with me yet?" Again, I spent some time on the bathroom floor and eventually made it back to bed, just in time for Jack to wake up and refuse to fall asleep again without nursing. I dozed off and on until 6:45, but it was really nothing substantial, and before I knew it, Jack was up for good and Dan was leaving for the day. Now I'm wondering just how long this is sticking around this time. I have to say that I don't feel AS awful as I did on Monday, but it's still a chore to keep up with Jack when all I want to do is stay in bed all day, sipping Sprite. :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

awww... that sucks real bad!!