Friday, May 19, 2006

Two months

Dear Jack,

We can't believe you have already been in this world for two whole months. Time goes by too fast! You are growing up so much. A couple of weeks ago, we officially switched out all of your 0-3 month clothes with 3-6 month clothes. I can't wait to find out your weight and length at your two-month appointment next Wednesday. You are definitely off the charts!

You like water a lot. At this point, the only water you have experienced is in the bathtub. But we're sure you will love swimming this summer. You also like swinging. Sometimes it puts you right to sleep! You are focusing your eyes on things a lot and even grabbing at objects. Your smiles are ever abundant and just make my day! You are chewing on your fists a lot lately. We're not sure if you are trying to suck your thumb or a finger or if you are already feeling teeth come in. It seems to early for teeth! Then again, you are wearing clothes that most 6-month-olds could fit into. You have become a little more of a spitter. Somedays you spit up every time you eat. Other days, you hardly do at all!

I went back to work last week. I have missed spending my days with you. But you have so much fun at home. On Mondays and Thursdays, your grandma comes and watches you. On Tuesdays, Mandie Bolton comes to play. On Wednesdays, Kathleen Kale is your babysitter. And on Fridays, Mimi is with you. They all have so much fun with you! But I think you are happy to see me when I get home. And even though you take a bottle just fine, I know you prefer the real thing. :)

I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day this year! We had a lovely day with brunch after church. You gave me a wonderful gift (besides the Pier 1 gift card that Dad signed your name on). You allowed me to take a 3-hour nap on Sunday afternoon. It was so heavenly! You have also been sleeping longer at night. For two nights in a row now, you have slept for six hours straight! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the beginning of a routine.

We had kind of a sad week. One of our cats (and surely one of your future play mates) Maddie died. We knew she had gotten outside, and we assumed she had run away. But she had only gotten into the garage and got stuck in Dad's car. I'm sure we'll get another cat someday, but for now we just miss our little girl. I think Ruby misses her the most!

Here's to another month of wonderful life with our little man. I am so excited to have the summer with you! We will have so much fun. Keep smiling and laughing and cooing and kicking and even spitting up. I like it all. All of that makes you the cutest baby in the world! I love you so much. I never knew life could be so much fun. I love being a mother. And I love that you are my son.

Love,
Mom

No comments: