Friday, November 22, 2019

SK week 47 | Pumpkin Muffins

I've made Deb's pumpkin bread and I mostly love it (especially because it uses a whole can of pumpkin), but I always end up with an undone spot throughout--no matter how long I bake without letting it burn. I don't know if it's the loaf pan size, or the fact that I use gluten-free flour, or what. But it's annoying. So I wanted to try her pumpkin muffin recipe, and I was QUITE happy with the result. :)

(Here's the Smitten Kitchen post)


You'll need:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, pinch allspice, and pinch ground cloves)
1 heaping cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon sugar + 1 teaspoon cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.


In another bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, and sugar.


Dump dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture.


Stir until well combined.


Divide into a lined or greased muffin tin. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes.


These are so pretty when they come out! Perfect dome! AND they were beautiful done the whole way through and baked in less than half the time of a loaf. :)


Serve with egg bake for breakfast-for-dinner. Or in the morning for breakfast-for-breakfast. Or whenever you darn well want a perfect pumpkin muffin!

Verdict: This will be my go-to recipe when I feel like pumpkin bread. They were SO good and exactly what I was looking for. :)

No comments: