Friday, November 08, 2019

SK week 45 | Jacked-up Banana Bread

Yes, this is the third Smitten Kitchen banana bread recipe in #AYearOfSmittenKitchen. What can I say? We're fans. ;) And I had a VERY willing helper this time around!

(Here's the Smitten Kitchen post)


You'll need:
3 to 4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon bourbon, optional (I skipped it)
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
up to 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves
1 1/2 cups flour


Find a young child to mash the bananas for you. ;)


Mix in the melted butter.


Mix in the brown sugar, egg, vanilla, bourbon, spices, baking soda, and salt.


Mix in the flour.


Spread in a loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to 1 hour. I did 50 minutes, but I should have left it in for the extra ten minutes. I had some doughy spots. Oops.


I mean, it looked done! ;)


Slice and enjoy. :)

Verdict: It was fine. It certainly didn't change my life or anything. And while all three Smitten Kitchen banana bread recipes were good, my favorite thing to do with overripe bananas remains the King Arthur Flour gluten-free banana muffins. (Sorry, Deb!) But you really can't go wrong with any banana bread, right? And this loaf is already gone 24 hours later. :)

No comments: