Friday, July 19, 2019

SK week 29 | Obsessively Good Avocado Cucumber Salad

This week's recipe was a rare "making it just for myself" one. Dan is not an avocado fan (or a cucumber fan), and the kids were eating at odd times because of practice and a game, so I threw this together to have with dinner and ended up eating it while I grilled the brats because it was so good. :) It's quick and easy and super customizable. And cucumbers are SO good right now! It's our weekly staple from the farmers market. (Of course we already finished last week's cucumbers, so I had to buy a grocery store one for this). :)

(Here is the Smitten Kitchen post)


You'll need:
(since I only made this for myself, I kind of eye-balled amounts of everything. Feel free to refer to the actual recipe if you want to be more precise)
Cucumber
Avocado
Cilantro
Lime
Mayo
Sriracha


Plop your mayo, a little sriracha, and the juice of half a lime into a bowl.


Whisk together and set aside.


Chop up the cucumber and avocado (I ended up with about half of each).


Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with cilantro. Next time I might mix the cilantro right into the dressing.

Verdict: I loved it and it was so easy, so I will definitely make it again. Like I said, it's not necessarily a crowd-pleaser in my house, but that won't stop me from making it just for me (and maybe Jack). ;) It's a great summer side dish!

No comments: