Friday, July 05, 2019

SK week 27 | Cheesecake-Marbled Brownies

Happy holiday week! Hope everyone is surviving the humidity. :) If you need a fun dessert for some get-together this weekend, here you go!

(Here's the Smitten Kitchen post)


You'll need:
(note: I'm giving you amounts for her recipe, but I doubled everything and made them in a 9x13 pan instead)
brownie batter:
1 stick butter, cut into pieces
3 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup flour (I used GF)
cheesecake batter:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
plus:
1/2 cup chocolate chips


Preheat your oven to 350. Grease an 8x8 pan. In either a saucepan or a double-boiler, melt the chocolate and butter. (I went the double boiler route for the same reason Deb did--fewer dirty dishes).


Keep whisking until everything is melted and smooth.


Off the heat, whisk in the sugar,


eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt.


Stir in the flour.


Stir until well blended.


Spread that into your greased pan.


Combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla.


Mix well.


Dollop that mixture onto the brownie batter.


Swirl around with a butter knife.


Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.


Enjoy!

Verdict: They were fine. They were super rich, so I probably would have cut them smaller. She says to serve them warm or room temperature. They were room temperature when we had them and I said, "I bet I'd like these better cold." So I stored the leftovers in the fridge and sure enough, I liked the one I ate the next day much better. :)

Happy summer weekend!

No comments: