Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Election Thoughts

 


I feel like Election Day 2020 has been on the calendar for four years. 😂 Well, we made it!

This day and week historically holds a lot of weight for our family. Stressful election aside, November 3, 2011 is when we found out Hannah was no longer alive inside me. She should be turning 9 on Thursday. This week feels different every year, but I think with everything else happening around me, the grief feels particularly heavy this year. 💜

So I’m coping with walks in the sun, deep breaths outside, comfort food, comfy clothes, family time, and Christmas music (you do what you gotta do!). 😊

As far as the election is concerned, two things I have found incredibly helpful this week are @brimckoy’s IGTV of her Sunday Funday pep talk and @thelazygenius’ latest podcast about loving people you disagree with. ❤️

Be kind today, friends! To yourself especially. 😘

(I decided to stop and watch the sun sparkle on this pond in the middle of my walk today. If you have sun where you are, I highly recommend getting out in it today!)

No comments: