Friday, April 12, 2019

SK week 15 | Big Cluster Maple Granola

Happy snowy spring day! Ridiculous, right? :)

Well, this week's post is going to be short and sweet because I made a recipe from the Smitten Kitchen cookbook, and it wouldn't be fair for me to share the exact recipe since you all don't own the book. :) But here are my pictures and process!

The cast of characters. :)

Oats, coconut, and walnuts. She also uses wheat germ, but I obviously skipped that.

The wet ingredients--maple syrup and olive oil--as well as salt and cinnamon. (Note for next time, Erin--it needs more salt)

Stir that into the dry ingredients and mix well.

Whisk an egg white until frothy. Stir it into the granola mixture.

Spread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.

Bake, stirring halfway through.

Comes out looking all beautiful. :)

Sprinkle with dried fruit.

Final verdict: It's really good! I would add a little more salt next time. I like that it's not a ton of sugar and oil and still really tasty. The egg white helps with the clusters, so it's a little chunky. Quick and easy recipe!

No comments: