Sunday, March 10, 2019

Wanna know a secret?

I don't hate winter.

I don't hate snow.

And I don't think this winter has felt longer than any other winter.

I mean, it didn't even really start until after Christmas. Sure, January and February were pretty brutal, but I actually can't believe it's already almost mid-March!

I think Minnesotans have seasonal amnesia every year. We forget what -30 degrees feels like. We forget what it feels like to throw snow high enough to clear the 6-foot snowbanks.

I love how bright everything is--especially after last night's wet snow and how it stuck to the trees. The sky is blue and the sun is shining. I can hear my kids playing outside, enjoying snow as deep as they are tall.

Don't get me wrong--I'll be ready for spring whenever it decides to show up. And I'll enjoy it for the whole week that it's here until it turns to summer. :)

No comments: