1. Egg nog or Hot Chocolate?
Neither, unfortunately. Hot beverages make me sick to my stomach. I know I'm weird. It makes for some pretty interesting faces behind the counter at Caribou when I'm ordering a vanilla cooler in the middle of January.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He wraps them. One of my favorite stories of my mother's childhood is that she and each of her six siblings would be assigned a chair or couch cushion in the livingroom, and when they came downstairs on Christmas morning, all of their gifts would be lying on their cushion unwrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Our (artificial) tree has white lights. But I have vowed to get rid of it after this year. It's broken and just generally a pain in the butt. Outside, we have white icicle lights and colored lights on the bushes.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope. My roommate in college brought real mistletoe home once and it actually kind of stinks.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually right after Thanksgiving. However, it was more like a week or so into December this year. I'm gonna blame Jack. :)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Steak. For as long as I can remember, Christmas dinner has been steak.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child.
Decorating the house. We would make paper chains that my dad hung around the room. So tacky, but kind of cute.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I actually don't remember ever believing in Santa. I do remember witnessing some hearts broken when I taught kindergarten a couple years ago. Oh, kids can be cruel.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?
We open gifts with our families on Christmas Eve. Dan and I (and I guess we'll include Jackson this year) open gifts Christmas Day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
As previously stated, it has white lights. The ornaments are extremely eccentric. There are some dating back to each of our childhoods, and some that we've collected in our 4 1/2 years of marriage. It's random, but it's beautiful!
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Right now, I love it. Come March, I'm ready to see it leave.
12. Can you ice skate?
I haven't since I was about 11, but I assume I still have the skills.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Actually, it has to do with question #12. I remember asking for ice skates one year. I unwrapped the box and realized it was ice skates. When I opened the box, my dad's OLD ice skates were lying there, looking quite pathetic. It was a cute trick. :)
14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert?
Christmas cookies in general.
16. What is your favorite Holiday tradition?
Christmas Eve fondue. Yum!
17. What tops your tree?
Well, nothing. The top of our tree is too floppy to hold anything. We have a cool star, though!
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
This is hard. I love Christmas music. I just heard "Do You Hear What I Hear" on the radio, so I'll go with that. It will change in an hour or so. :)
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
They're fine. I'm more of a chocolate girl!
All right, Lisa, you're next! Enjoy.