Friday, December 27, 2019

SK week 52 | Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms

WEEK 52! We've made it to the end of #AYearOfSmittenKitchen! I picked this recipe for this last week a while ago, knowing that we'd have beef tenderloin on Christmas Eve and these would go great with that. Well, they did. :)

(Here's the Smitten Kitchen post)


You'll need:
1 pound mushrooms (I used cremini, but white are fine too), halved if large
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and chopped (this felt like a super weird addition to this dish, and I'm not a HUGE caper fan, so I totally skipped them)
3 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped parsley


Toss the mushrooms, garlic, oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a baking dish.


Top with cubed butter. This is a super easy dish to prep ahead of time--I got it to this point and stuck it in my fridge, then roasted them at my parents' house later.


Roast at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Toss with lemon juice and parsley. (tbh, the lemon juice was unnecessary--we couldn't taste it at all)


Preferably serve with a perfectly done red meat of your choice. ;)

Verdict: Perfect! I sauté mushrooms to have with steak a lot, but I liked these a lot, plus they kind of take care of themselves in the oven instead of taking up room on the stove. Everyone loved them!

And that's a wrap! Actually, there will be a real wrap-up post in the next few days, but thus ends the recipe-a-week year!

No comments: