Friday, December 13, 2019

SK week 50 | Almond-Vanilla Rice Pudding

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge rice pudding fan. But my mom is, and yesterday was her birthday. :) So I made it for her when we celebrated last week. And it's super easy, so if you ARE a fan, it's a great recipe for you!

(Here's the Smitten Kitchen post)


You'll need:
1/2 cup arborio rice
4 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 vanilla bean, split, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon almond extract


Combine the rice, milk, and sugar in a pan (and vanilla bean if you're using it). Bring to a gentle boil and reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.


It will start to thicken nicely as it cooks.


Once it's cooked, add the extracts and stir.


Divide into little ramekins and chill. (You can serve warm too). (Also, I did 1.5x the recipe--one batch will make four servings).


And enjoy! (Deb's photo because I forgot to take a final one) :)

Verdict: Everyone who likes rice pudding loved it. ;) I had a bite and it actually was good. I just like it a couple bites at a time, not a bowl at a time. :)

No comments: