Friday, August 23, 2019

SK week 34 | Guacamole

I love guacamole, and I actually have a decent recipe. But of course, I wanted to try Smitten Kitchen's version. :) And it didn't disappoint!

(Here's the Smitten Kitchen post)


You'll need:
2 tablespoons minced white onion
1 1/2 tablespoons minced jalapeno
2 tablespoons minced cilantro leaves
juice of half a lime
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
2 ripe avocados


Add your onion, jalapeno, and cilantro to a bowl.


Add the lime juice and salt.


Halve the avocados, remove the pits, and score them like this.


Add them to the bowl.


Mix it up! You can mash some of the avocados if you want that consistency. I just kept stirring it, and some got a little more smashed up, but I like the chunks.


Yum!

Verdict: I picked a night when my avocado-hating husband would be gone, and I made this for Jackson and myself. We loved it! It was perfect and simple and delicious. Will definitely make again!

No comments: